Make new friends while you make a difference!
You’re invited to join us! Unidas is the feminization of the Spanish word unidos (united) is used as an anchor to reminds us that our connection to one another is vital to the strength of our community.
In this award-winning after-school program, you can gain hands-on experience in community service, leadership, social justice, and grant-making -all centered around helping improve the quality of life for women and girls in Southern Arizona!
Apply today for your chance to:
- form friendships with a diverse group of young women from across Tucson
- discuss, research and analyze social justice issues facing young women and girls in Southern Arizona
- review grant applications and meet (virtually) with local non-profits
- give away $5,000 to a community organization!
- gain valuable community leadership and consensus-building skills
- become a philanthropic guru and dynamic community activist!
If this sounds like you…
- a young woman in Tucson between 14-18 years old
- interested in women’s issues & philanthropy
- looking to give back
- available to meet weekly on Thursdays
- passionate about creating change that empowers women and girls
- Application deadline: September 8th, 5pm
- Retreat date: September 12th, 11a – 2pm (Zoom)
- Start and end dates: September 17 – December 10, 2020, 4:30p – 6:30p, every Thursday via Zoom
Questions: Please contact Desiree Maultsby at 520-622-8886,ext. 6 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The application has closed. Please contact Desiree Maultsby, 520-622-8886, ext 6 with any inquiries.