Pathways for Single Moms
You are only one year away from a high-demand technical career.
‘Pathways for Single Moms’ will help you get there!
The Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona is connecting single mothers to high demand one-year CTE programs in fields that pay a livable wage, getting their families on a new path to self-sufficiency.
Pathways: Career Technical Education for Single Mothers:
Apply to enroll in a 1-year certification program for fast-growing careers that pay a self-sufficient wage. Currently, Logistics and Supply Chain Management is the one-year certificate being offered. Apply below!
Benefits of the Pathways Program:
- Paid Tuition for a one-year certificate in technical education
- Quality-First/Kindergarten-ready Childcare Scholarship(s)
- Stipend (*5,000)
- Emergency Funds (up to $400)
- Career Services (coaching and planning)
- Internship opportunities
- Pre-graduation Career Fair w/ local industry leaders
- Identify as a Single Mom
- Completion of The Pathways: Prep for Success course OR meet PCC Assessment requirements
- Choose eligible certificate program in technical education (ex. Logistics)
- Pima County One-Stop (PCOS) approval
- Complete PCOS Childcare Scholarship voucher
- WFSA Pathways Orientation session
Learn more about the program and career opportunities during the 1:1 phone chat with a WFSA team member or contact a PCC iBEST team member.
Take the first step and begin furthering your education with the ‘Pathways Prep’ course. This course is a recommended intro to the Pathways for Single Mothers CTE program. It is offered by Pima Community College (known as MathBridge) and provides wrap-around educational supports to learners who may benefit from additional support in basic literacy, math skills, as well as study/time management skills and resources. Upon successful completion of Pathways Prep, you will gain eligibility to enroll in the Pathways CTE program. The PCC Assessment may be done in place of this course, depending upon placement results.
Pathways Prep: What’s offered?
- Classes offered are online/virtual for free
- Refresh Study Skills needed to complete education programs
- Gain confidence in math skills
- Supportive Instructors and Staff
- Meet you where you are in your educational journey
- Career Exploration
- Eligible for Pathways CTE, upon completion
- PCC Application (also known as MathBridge)
Ready to get started? Here are your next steps:
- Complete the WFSA Pathways Application and we will follow-up with an appt for a 1:1 interview.
- Complete the PCC iBEST steps to enroll In PCC. Contact Stephanie Dennison, email@example.com, to schedule your assessment.
- Contact a Pima County One Stop case manager to qualify for supportive services.
- Schedule and complete Pima Community College assessment.
- Work with an iBEST Advisor to get Involved.
- Select eligible CTE program (ex. Logistics).
- Apply today!
- For more info email Brigette Villaseñor at firstname.lastname@example.org or Desiree Maultsby at email@example.com.