Pathways for Single Moms
You are only one year away from a high-demand technical career.
‘Pathways for Single Moms’ will help you get there!
The Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona is connecting single mothers to high demand one-year CTE programs in fields that pay a livable wage, getting their families on a new path to self-sufficiency.
Pathways: Career Technical Education for Single Mothers:
Apply to enroll in a 1-year certification program for fast-growing careers that pay a self-sufficient wage. Both Logistics and Supply Chain Management and Building Construction Technology are two of the one-year certificate being offered. Apply below!
Benefits of the Pathways Program:
- Paid Tuition for a one-year certificate in technical education
- Quality-First/Kindergarten-ready Childcare Scholarship(s) – Full-time
- Stipend (*$5,000)
- Emergency Funds (up to $400)
- Career Services (coaching and planning)
- Internship opportunities
- Pre-graduation Career Fair w/ local industry leaders
- Identify as a Single Mom
- Complete Pathways application
- Complete Pima College application
- Completion of the Pathways: Prep for Success course OR meet PCC Assessment requirements
- Choose eligible certificate program in technical education (ex. Logistics or Building Construction Technology (BCT))
- Pima County One-Stop (PCOS) approval
- Complete PCOS Childcare Scholarship voucher
- Attend PCC iBEST info session and WFSA Pathways Orientation session
Learn more about the program and career opportunities by contacting Desiree Maultsby at email@example.com , Director of Program Engagement or contact Anel Cossio, firstname.lastname@example.org at PCC – Adult Education iBEST team member.
Take the first step and begin furthering your education with the ‘Pathways Prep’ course. This course is a recommended intro to the Pathways for Single Mothers CTE program. It is offered by Pima Community College (known as MathBridge) and provides wrap-around educational supports to learners who may benefit from additional support in basic literacy, math skills, as well as study/time management skills and resources. Upon successful completion of Pathways Prep, you will gain eligibility to enroll in the Pathways CTE program. The PCC Assessment may be done in place of this course, depending upon placement results.
Pathways Prep: What’s offered?
- Classes offered are online/virtual for free
- Refresh Study Skills needed to complete education programs
- Gain confidence in math skills
- Supportive Instructors and Staff
- Meet you where you are in your educational journey
- Career Exploration
- Eligible for Pathways CTE, upon completion
- PCC Application (also known as MathBridge)
Ready to get started? Here are your next steps:
- Complete the WFSA Pathways Application
- Complete the PCC application
- Contact Anel Cossio, email@example.com to schedule your assessments
- Schedule and complete Pima Community College assessment.
- Select eligible CTE program (ex. Logistics or BCT)
- Work with an iBEST Advisor to get registered for your program
- Apply today!
- For more info email Desiree Maultsby, firstname.lastname@example.org.