Call for Nominations: Deadline January 6th
The Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona is now accepting nominations for the Laura Penny Community Impact Award, which will be presented at our 2017 Annual Luncheon on April 26, 2017.
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. on January 6, 2017.
Looking Back, Our 2016 Award Recipient: Liz Rabago
The Laura Penny Community Impact Award was created last year, in recognition of Laura’s incredible accomplishments as the Women’s Foundation’s CEO from 2004-2014.
Last fall, the Women’s Foundation asked our community to nominate women leaders who are making a difference. Women in the trenches. Women whose work has positively affected the lives of women and girls.
Laura Penny was a true change maker, as was the inaugural recipient of the Laura Penny Community Impact Award in 2016, Liz Rabago.
When Liz began working at the YWCA of Southern Arizona ten years ago, everyone quickly learned that when women need something in this community, you can call on Liz to make it happen.
Now serving as the organization’s Chief Operating Officer, Liz is a role model for other women struggling to overcome obstacles, an activist and advocate for social change and, through the innovative programming she has developed, she has improved the emotional and economic well-being of countless women and their families in our community.
The Award honors a woman whose actions and accomplishments meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated a commitment to equality and dedication to furthering the status of women or girls in southern Arizona
- Engaged in work that has positively affected the lives of women or girls and has potential for creating real change
- Served as an important role model in the lives of women or girls
- Exhibited active involvement in feminist causes and/or organizations (e.g., pay equity, violence against women, women’s health, etc.)
- Participated in significant efforts to improve women’s well-being
How to Nominate
Please complete the form below. Nominators must provide:
- Name, address, phone and e-mail of nominator
- Relationship to nominee
- Name, address, and e-mail of the woman being nominated
- A nomination letter with specific examples of the actions and accomplishments of the nominee that meet the criteria listed above
Nominators may also include:
- No more than three (3) additional letters of recommendation from individuals other than the primary nominator. Each letter should clearly address, with specific examples, the criteria and qualifications about which the letter writer has direct knowledge. The primary nominator should forward a copy of the award criteria to letter writers. Please remind letter writers that strong nominations will exemplify the nominee’s accomplishments in accordance with the award criteria.
- A curriculum vita or resume for nominee.
Confirmation will be sent via email after you submit your nomination. Questions? Please contact the Women’s Foundation at (520) 622-8886.