The Women’s Foundation for the State of Southern Arizona is hiring!
We are currently hiring a Director of Operations
This position is a seasoned professional with the experience and skills to provide support to the C-Suite and collaboration to the entire organization. Organizational, communication, and leadership skills are essential to success in this role. As a key member of the management team, the Director of Operations will enjoy developing solutions that push innovative boundaries. This position works closely with executives to strategize and develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of productivity and success.
- With support of the CFO, set and implement strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity.
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary and appropriate
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Be on the cutting edge of leadership development and organizational communication developments
- Work closely C-Suite to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment, including organizing events and exercises in this regard
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of the Foundation, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs
- Work with CFO and with department managers in the development of financial and budgetary plans. Participate in ongoing conversations about department needs, ensuring a cohesive approach to the future while operating within budgetary constraints
- Oversee Operations Budget, approving invoices in a timely fashion, ensuring department stays within budget. Work with CFO to explore budget variances
- Supports CFO in managing activities associated with grants, contracts, and fiscal sponsorships
- Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans. Implementation and tracking of both short-term and long-term goals
- Ensure smooth hiring and onboarding process for new hires, working with outsourced HR department
- Develop and maintain routine staff review and employee/board feedback systems
- Ensures that job descriptions and responsibilities are developed and sound HR practices are utilized
- Ensures that consultants/contractors maintain healthy and effective communication with the Foundation
- Manage inventory of company assets issued to remote staff
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
- Prepare annual filings for Federal, State and Local agencies
- Act as primary point of contact for IT issues, outsourcing as needed
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations, to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, high volume, and energetic work environment alongside flexible team players with a sense of humor
- Recent relevant experience and/or education in the field of organizational communication
- 3+ years leadership role in a relevant field
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management
- Strong working knowledge of technology, office equipment and Microsoft Office programs
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
- Able to juggle multiple tasks, show initiative, and problem-solve creatively.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks independently
- Capacity for effective outreach and engagement through personal interaction.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
This job currently operates in a virtual/remote environment, but will eventually return to a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones, as well as digital platforms including Zoom, Google Drive and Microsoft Teams.
May be required but not frequent. Required to be in attendance in person at monthly staff meetings and annual Board Retreat, and other occasional in-person meetings as directed. While this position is currently remote, the final candidate will need to reside within the state of Arizona.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position that is currently remote. Salary is expected to start at or around $70k, with regular opportunities for review and enhancement. We offer an excellent benefits package, including a professional development fund, 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision for staff, 11 paid holidays, 20 days of paid time off, short term disability, paid parental leave, retirement plan match, and much more.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. To apply, please email a letter of interest, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. WFSA strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of under-represented communities to apply. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.