Thank you for exploring career opportunities with the Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona. We currently have one open position:
Title: Executive and Board Coordinator
Reports to: CEO
Job Status: Full-time, salaried, exempt
About the Women’s Foundation:
The Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona was founded in 1991 on the principle that when women thrive, the whole community benefits. Since its inception, WFSA has invested more than $4 million in organizations that create change that empowers women and girls.
WFSA collaborates to achieve social, political and economic change that empowers women and girls. Through research, advocacy, grant making and leadership development, we now lead the region in philanthropic investments focused on women and girls, reaching 15,000 women and children annually. Recognizing that funding direct service interventions alone will not achieve systems change, three years ago, after intensive, participatory strategic planning and visioning, WFSA shifted, concretely, to advocacy and public policy, going upstream to influence systems change at the state level.
Executive and Board Coordinator General Summary
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Women’s Foundation CEO and Board of Trustees, administering database(s), including record‐keeping and managing office operations.
Administration: Support the execution of the CEO’s short- and long-term goals and responsibilities.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, ensuring that CEO’s schedule is handled in an efficient and professional manner:
- Schedule meetings
- Organize and coordinate travel plans, itineraries and agendas
- Vet and manage internal and external requests for general Foundation information, CEO’s meetings and speaking engagements, etc.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep her informed of and prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and to ensure her appropriate follow up.
- Prepare briefing materials for the CEO in preparation for meetings and travel (including assisting with the drafting of development related presentation materials), working closely with development and program staff
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, Foundation staff and others
- In collaboration with Programs and Development, follow up on contacts made by the CEO and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Identify opportunities to provide additional support in alignment with CEO and organizational needs
- Manage special projects, including, but not limited to: special events, ad hoc meetings, hiring, and other tasks as requested by the CEO and management
- Develop and promote good community relations among various constituents including donors, trustees, honorary trustees, committee and community members.
- Draft, proofread, and suggest appropriate changes in correspondence and other documents.
- Collect and distribute incoming office mail
Board Liaison: Works directly with the chair of the board of trustees to manage the executive and governance committees. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Monitor Board communications and calendar and coordinate with staff on deliverables
- Monitor Board anniversaries and special occasions
- Monitor board budget and prepare quarterly reports for CEO
- Coordinate annual individual Board member meetings with CEO
- Create meeting(s) timeline, prepare and distribute meeting notifications, and agenda materials, managing all correspondence around meeting execution
- Attend Board and working group meetings and record and circulate minutes
- Maintain institutional memory around Board functioning
- Keep current Board documents saved in Sharepoint
- Create and maintain Board Manual and binder of relevant materials
- Onboard new Board members
- Mail new Board members hard copy of Board binder
- Add new Board members to roster
- Coordinate biography posting and social media announcement with communications
Financial: Perform bookkeeping duties including depositing receivables, generating check requests, reviewing and coding payables for approval, uploading receivables and payables to the accountant for entry into Quickbooks, processing checks and assisting accountant and CEO during the annual audit and 990 return.
Logistics and Operations Support: Serves as liaison to property manager, manages facility needs and makes decisions regarding vendors, including IT and telecoms.
- Manage meeting room reservation calendar (for internal and external meeting requests)
- Maintain inventory and orders office supplies
- Prepare required annual filings with a variety of state, local and federal agencies
- Research and compile information for preparation of routine, periodic and special reports
- We seek individuals who enjoy working in a collaborative, high volume, and energetic work environment who are flexible team players with a sense of humor.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in supporting C-Level Executives and their Board.
- Must have outstanding communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks, show initiative, and problem solve creatively.
- Must be highly organized with a strong attention to detail and be able to complete tasks independently.
- Proficient in database management
- Capacity for effective outreach and engagement through personal interaction.
- Excellent time management and organizations skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, eligibility for an employer matching retirement plan, and generous paid time off.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. To apply, please email a letter of interest, resume, and three references to email@example.com. WFSA strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of under-represented communities to apply. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.