The Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona is currently seeking a new Philanthropic Engagement Manager.
Title: Philanthropic Engagement Manager
Reports to: CEO
Job Status: Full-time, salaried, exempt
About the Women’s Foundation:
The Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona was founded in 1991 on the principle that when women thrive, the whole community benefits. Since its inception, WFSA has invested more than $4 million in organizations that create change that empowers women and girls.
WFSA collaborates to achieve social, political and economic change that empowers women and girls. Through research, advocacy, grant making and leadership development, we now lead the region in philanthropic investments focused on women and girls, reaching 15,000 women and children annually. Recognizing that funding direct service interventions alone will not achieve systems change, three years ago, after intensive, participatory strategic planning and visioning, WFSA shifted, concretely, to advocacy and public policy, going upstream to influence systems change at the state level.
Philanthropic Engagement Manager Position
WFSA seeks a Philanthropic Engagement Manager to work in collaboration with the CEO to develop and execute philanthropic activities for the Foundation. This is an opportunity to strategically affect women and children in Arizona with an organization that is viewed as a national leader within 160 Women’s Funds across the United States!
The Philanthropic Engagement Manager will implement donor cultivation and stewardship strategies for the Foundation’s annual giving program, manage an individual portfolio of major donors, build relationships with donors and volunteers, manage the signature special event (the Annual Luncheon), and produce donor communications using best practices.
Annual Giving (30%): Execute strategic annual fundraising plans, including establishing fundraising priorities, goals, budgets and projections, and case for support.
- Plan and execute steps for donor identification, cultivation, and stewardship for annual donor giving.
- Manage a comprehensive direct mail program and online giving strategies.
- Collaborate with the CEO to establish benchmarks and regular reporting processes to measure results of all annual fund activities.
- Work with the CEO to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of on-going fundraising campaigns and event initiatives, including fundraising efficiency, potential, and overall success. Develop and implement strategies to enhance growth potential.
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate recruitment and fundraising strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, retain, and upgrade donors.
Major Gifts Portfolio (25%): Conduct research, cultivation and solicitation, and stewardship within this portfolio. Engage donors with correspondence, calls, and most importantly, individual, face-to-face visits.
- Collaborate with CEO to manage a portfolio of prospects for cultivation and solicitation, providing appropriate accountability and strategic counsel.
- Develop cultivation strategies for prospects, engage leadership staff, Board or other organizational supporters as appropriate on both cultivation and solicitation activates.
- Generate timeline and thorough follow-up correspondence. Maintain consistent contact with donors and prospects in order to establish and sustain positive relationships.
Database Management (15%): Develop long term strategies for prospect donors and implement them in collaboration with the CEO.
- Track and report progress of contacts with prospects and donors.
- Provide assistance to staff and board who participate with fundraising activities by way of recording all actions completed with each individual donor.
- Proactively work with CEO to identify and qualify prospects and donors, build relationships and identify individuals’ philanthropic interests in order to match those interests with appropriate gift opportunities.
- Review gift processing reports and gift acknowledgements for accuracy and donor engagement opportunities; review outstanding pledges and track donor outreach efforts; generate correspondence for donor advised fund holders.
Annual Luncheon (20%): Plan signature fundraising event (Annual Luncheon) in coordination with volunteer and staff leadership and vendors.
- Responsible for event logistics, including venue, communication, vendor and volunteer matters.
- Manage corporate sponsorship program, from solicitation to benefits fulfillment, ensuring proper sponsor recognition and enhancing positive relationships.
- Ensure all fundraising events are within budget, meet financial and non-monetary objectives and appropriately represent the Foundation to the community.
Communications (10%): Develops and coordinates effective, targeted communications to all stakeholder groups, continually seeking to inform and inspire.
- Manage external correspondence and donor communications; coordinate with research, advocacy and grantmaking volunteers and staff to communicate the impact donors make through their giving.
- Represents WFSA positively in public at all times, acting as a professional representative and ambassador.
- A. or B.S. degree with a minimum of 2 years in working in a successful development team.
- We seek individuals who enjoy working in a collaborative, high volume, and energetic work environment who are flexible team players with a sense of humor.
- Must have outstanding communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks, show initiative, and problem solve creatively.
- Must be highly organized with a strong attention to detail and be able to complete tasks independently.
- Capacity for effective outreach and engagement through personal interaction.
- Excellent time management and organizations skills.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Versed in direct mail and email solicitation best practices and implementation.
- Experience with organizations working toward social justice and gender equality.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, eligibility for an employer matching retirement plan, and generous paid time off.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. To apply, please email a letter of interest, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com. WFSA strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of under-represented communities to apply. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.