The Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona is hiring!
We are currently hiring a Program Manager.
Program Manager Job Description
Please read this job description carefully and follow the application instructions below if you would like to apply.
Job Title: Program Manager – Pathways for Single Mothers
Reports to: Director of Program Engagement
Job Status: Full Time, 40 hours/week
The Program Manager – Pathways for Single Mothers is responsible for coordinating a grant-funded program in collaboration with an outside agency to support and sustain a high-quality experience for participants interested in a technical education and non-traditional career industries. The Program Manager promotes, recruits and facilitates onboarding of participants in collaboration with colleges/universities, local government agencies, nonprofit partners and industry leaders. Regularly connect with participants to address support service needs and implement iterative programmatic improvements in collaboration with partners and research evaluation efforts.
- Oversees and administers all facets of the day-to-day operations of the program and activities related to the position
- Coordinates and implements recruitment and outreach activities to increase enrollment in the Pathways program
- Regularly meet with participant cohorts
- Represents the program to both internal and external constituencies with respect to program implementation and operational matters
- Provides and/or coordinates the provision of technical guidance, consultation, related support to participants within area of program focus; provides day-to-day problem solving as necessary on day-to-day program-related needs and issues
- Creates, produces, and delivers a range of promotional and informational presentations, and/or resource materials related to program activities and initiatives
- Participates in the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data to include narrative program reports and evaluations
- Identifies opportunities to enhance program operations in order to achieve greater efficiencies and effectiveness and to fulfill program objectives outlined within the grant
- Maintains a variety of electronic files and/or records (e.g. college & career technical readiness; grant information, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and complying with program and grant guidelines
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars/webinars for the purpose of program sustainability, participant recruitment and retention, partner collaboration and/or gathering information required for program functions.
- Attend team and program meetings
- Provide administrative support for WFSA events and meetings
Specific Job Skills:
The minimum specific job skills needed to perform this position include:
- Knowledge of MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Forms) and WordPress or similar software.
- Commitment to women’s issues, and a strong desire to work in a non‐profit setting and to have an impact on the lives of women and girls.
- Ability to determine informational needs, to collect and analyze information for use in reporting.
- Ability to plan, manage and implement program needs and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver both oral and written presentations.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of participants and/or collaborative partners.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- High school diploma or HSE and at least 4 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in a relevant field, such as health, grants, or social services.
- Willing to bring expertise from personal lived experience to support and build social capital among single mother participants and their children.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Proven ability to be a self‐starter, interest in program development in areas relevant to WFSA’s work, and initiative to build collaborations with our non-profit partners and donors.
- Bilingual (Spanish‐English) candidates encouraged to apply.
This job currently operates in a virtual/remote environment, but will eventually return to a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones, as well as digital platforms including Zoom, Google Drive and Microsoft Teams.
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, eligibility for an employer matching retirement plan and generous paid time off.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. To apply, please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. WFSA strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of under-represented communities to apply. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.