Thanks to our generous donors, we awarded over $700,000 in grants to over 30 organizations in 2018.
Equity & Opportunity Fund Grants
The Equity and Opportunity Fund grant-making initiative strives to build the long-term economic security and financial independence of low-income, women-headed families. Each of these recipients are receiving three-year grants to expand and enhance their existing services.
Melody S. Robidoux Public Policy Grants
Melody S. Robidoux Public Policy Grants invest in organizations influencing legislative and/or workplace policy change that improve the lives of Southern Arizona women and families in economics, safety, health and leadership.
- Planned Parenthood Arizona, Inc.
- YWCA Southern Arizona
Harriet Silverman Small Grant Fund Awardees
Harriet Silverman Small Grant Fund Grants invest in small, grassroots organizations in our region that exemplify the vision of the WFSA.
- Arivaca Action Center, Inc.
- Arizona Justice for Our Neighbors
- Community Montessori School of Bisbee
- Dancesequences, Inc.
- Heartsounds: Mother and Infant Care
- I Am You 360
- Lupus Foundation of Southern Arizona
- PowerSource Tucson, Inc.
- Sarver Heart Center Community Coalition for Heart Health
- Spoken Futures
- UA Foundation – WISE (Women in Science and Engineering
The Founder’s Award, as designated by WFSA founders Melody Robidoux and Harriet Silverman, exemplifies the mission of the WFSA.
- Emerge! Center Against Domestic Violence
Annual Competitive Grants
Annual grants are awarded to organizations that demonstrate measurable impact in economic change that empowers women.
- Compass Affordable Housing
- Constructing Circles of Peace
- Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
- Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona
- Interfaith Community Services
- Literacy Connects
- Our Family Services, Inc.
- Planned Parenthood Arizona
- Primavera Foundation
- Southern Arizona Research, Science and Engineering Foundation (SARSEF)
- Southern Arizona Gender Alliance
- YWCA of Southern Arizona
Unidas Grants are awarded to organizations addressing needs identified by the young women participants of the Unidas Leadership and Philanthropy program.
- Our Family Services – Spring 2018
- Mariposas Sin Fronteras – Fall 2017
- University of Arizona Southwest Institute for Research on Women – Spring 2017
Women’s Health Initiative
In partnership with University of Arizona Health Sciences, this three-year collaborative addresses behavioral health needs of women in border communities to reduce health disparities.
- Mariposa Community Health Center (collaborative lead agency)
Special Thanks to the Connie Hillman Family Foundation for partnering with WFSA to increase the impact of our grants