Call for Nominations – New Impact Award
In recognition of Laura Penny, who served as our CEO from 2004-2014, the Women’s Foundation Board of Trustees has established the Laura Penny Community Impact Award. The call for nominations is now open: www.www.womengiving.org/impact_award/
The deadline for nominations is 5 p.m. on December 15, 2015.
The Award honors a woman whose actions and accomplishments meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated a commitment to equality and dedication to furthering the status of women or girls in southern Arizona
- Engaged in work that has positively affected the lives of women or girls and has potential for creating real change
- Served as an important role model in the lives of women or girls
- Exhibited active involvement in feminist causes and/or organizations (e.g., pay equity, violence against women, women’s health, etc.)
- Participated in significant efforts to improve women’s well-being
How to Nominate
Click here to submit a nomination online. Nominators must provide:
- Name, address, phone and e-mail of nominator
- Relationship to nominee
- Name, address, and e-mail of the woman being nominated
- A nomination letter with specific examples of the actions and accomplishments of the nominee that meet the criteria listed above
Nominators may also include:
- No more than three (3) additional letters of recommendation from individuals other than the primary nominator. Each letter should clearly address, with specific examples, the criteria and qualifications about which the letter writer has direct knowledge. The primary nominator should forward a copy of the award criteria to letter writers. Please remind letter writers that strong nominations will exemplify the nominee’s accomplishments in accordance with the award criteria.
- A curriculum vita or resume for nominee.
The first Laura Penny Community Impact Award will be presented at our 2016 Annual Luncheon on April 20, 2016. Save the date now and plan to join us when we present this award, announce this year’s grant recipients and celebrate our 2016 Honoree Laurie Wetterschneider.