At the Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona, we work to create change that empowers women and girls by educating community leaders and elected officials about the issues affecting women and children in our state. Thank you for participating in the dialogue and adding your powerful voice as an advocate for women and children.
Did you know?
- More than 500,000 of Arizona’s women and 800,000 children live at or near poverty levels.
- Our research shows that 89% of Arizona’s low-income single mothers with children under the age of six only have a high school education, preventing them from achieving economic independence.
- And, Arizona ranks toward the bottom of the list – we have the third lowest workforce participation rate by women in the country.
As frustrating as these numbers are, we have hope.
Our Goal: To Advance the Economic Prosperity for Women and our Region
Thanks to our generous donors, we have invested over $4 million in the communities we serve, to fund innovative organizations and programs empowering women and girls. Our research, including the 2018 Relationship of Economic Independence and Access to Childcare for Single Moms, the 2015 Report on the Impact of the Recession on Arizona’s Women and Children and the 2012 Self-Sufficiency Standard, provides statewide data to inform public policy decisions. We take a seat on diverse coalitions, providing resources to collaborative partners on a variety of issues affecting women and children.
How You Can Help: Join the Women’s Issues Network (W.I.N. – AZ)
Do you want to be informed on state and local issues affecting women and children, have your voice heard and make a difference?
Sign up and become an advocate for women and children today.
- You’ll receive timely W.I.N. – AZ legislative updates, informing you about what’s happening at the state level and how it affects women and children in Southern Arizona.
- When the Women’s Foundation takes a position on an issue, you’ll receive a W.I.N. – AZ Action Alert on how YOU can make an impact.
Download our 2018 Legislative Wrap-up to learn about the W.I.N.s and setbacks we experienced on issues affecting women and children in Arizona this year.
The Women’s Foundation will never sell or share your email address. For more information, download our W.I.N. – AZ Frequently Asked Questions & Answers.