At the Women’s Foundation of Southern Arizona, we work to create change that empowers women and girls by educating community leaders and elected officials about the issues affecting women and children in our state. Thank you for participating in the dialogue and adding your powerful voice as an advocate for women and children.
Did you know?
- There are nearly 7,000 children on the waiting list for affordable childcare subsidies in Arizona.
- Only one in 5 of the most common occupations for Arizona’s women provide economic self-sufficiency.
- Since 2007, the number of Arizonans living in poverty has increased by 37%, and 79% of the single-parent families living in poverty are headed by women
Our Goal: To Advance the Economic Prosperity for Women and our Region
Thanks to our generous donors, we have invested over $3.4 million in the communities we serve, to fund innovative organizations and programs empowering women and girls. Our research, including the 2015 Report on the Impact of the Recession on Arizona’s Women and Children and the 2012 Self-Sufficiency Standard, provides statewide data to inform public policy decisions. We take a seat on diverse coalitions, providing resources to collaborative partners on a variety of issues affecting women and children.
How You Can Help: Join the Women’s Issues Network (W.I.N. – AZ)
Do you want to be informed on state and local issues affecting women and children, have your voice heard and make a difference?
Sign up and become an advocate for women and children today.
- You’ll receive timely W.I.N. – AZ legislative updates, informing you about what’s happening at the state level and how it affects women and children in Southern Arizona.
- When the Women’s Foundation takes a position on an issue, you’ll receive a W.I.N. – AZ Action Alert on how YOU can make an impact.
The Women’s Foundation will never sell or share your email address. For more information, download our W.I.N. – AZ Frequently Asked Questions & Answers.